Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yummy Zucchini Cake




4 eggs
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. oil
1 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
3 c. grated zucchini
3 c. flour
1 c. walnuts (optional)

Beat eggs. Add sugar and oil and beat together. Add everything else except flour and zucchini, beat together then add the flour and zucchini.

Bake in 9x13 cake pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You can also put this in a sheet cake pan but do not put the whole recipe in, you will have a mess in the oven. Bake for 20+ minutes.

Icing
1/4 c. butter
3 oz cream cheese
2 1/4 c. powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 c. canned milk (I used regular and it was fine too)

I got this recipe looking on other peoples recipe blogs. I needed a recipe for my zucchini that has been growing in my garden. I decided to try this recipe not knowing how it would taste and it ended up being really good. It is almost like a spice cake to me except for really moist. If any of you have any good zucchini recipes let me know I have been looking for some good ones lately. This is really Yummy especially when it is warm.

1 comment:

Mel said...

This looked so yummy I'm making it tonight. Thanks for the great recipe Naomi!